The 12th International Conference on Electronic Packaging Technology & High Density Packaging (ICEPT-HDP 2011) was held in Shanghai, China, from August 08 to 11, 2011. The ICEPT-HDP 2011 was organized by Electronic Manufacturing and Packaging Technology Society (EMPT) of Chinese Institute of Electronics (CIE) and co-organized by Shanghai University. The conference has received strong support from IEEE CPMT and active involvement from IMPAPS, ASME and iNEMI.
Twenty scientific researchers from System in Package Department （Department No.9）of Microelectronics of Chinese Academy of Sciences （IMECAS）attended the conference and present fourteen papers during the meeting, one of which (Nonlinear Thermo-Mechanical Analysis of TSV Interposer Filling with Solder, Cu and Cu-Cored Solder)won the Outstand Paper Award.
ICEPT-HDP 2011 is a four-day event, featuring technical sessions, professional development courses/forums, exhibition, and social networking activities. It aims to cover the latest technological developments in electronic packaging, manufacturing and packaging equipment, and provide opportunities to explore the trends of research and development, as well as business in China.
· Advanced Packaging & System Integration: BGA, CSP, flip chip; WLP, SiP; TSV, 3D integration; and other advanced packaging and system integration technologies.
· Packaging Materials & Processes: Green materials, nano-materials and other novel materials for packaging performance enhancement and cost reduction; and various new packaging/assembly processes.
· Packaging Design and Modeling: New packaging/assembly designs; methodologies for modeling, simulation and validation of electrical, thermal, optical and mechanical performance of various electronics packages; multi-scale and multi-physics modeling.
· High Density Substrate & SMT:Substrate with embedded passives and active components; HDI substrate, PCB, high performance multi-layer substrate; and various novel assembly technologies that improve substrate density and performance.
· Advanced Manufacturing Technologies and Packaging Equipment: Packaging/assembly equipment; measurement techniques; novel packaging/assembly technologies for manufacturability and yield improvement.
· Quality & Reliability: Quality monitoring and evaluation; methodologies for accelerated reliability data collection and analysis, reliability modeling and life prediction; failure analysis and non-destructive diagnose.
Researcher WAN Lixi
Institute of Microelectronics of Chinese Academy of Sciences
Website of Dept.: